If you are reading this, then you are probably one of those guys who do not have the luxury of knowing exactly which ring your woman wants! No problem – follow these six steps to engagement ring success! You know more than you think. Choosing an unique engagement rings often intimidates guys. This shouldn’t be the case. Remember this: You know more than you think. You know her well enough to know that you want to marry her right? All you need to do is tap into those nuances that make a woman a woman! You can do it!
2. Don’t ruin the surprise. If you are planning a complete surprise (i.e. she has no idea that there is an impending engagement) try not to drop too many hints! Let’s be honest here. Most guys are not the most subtle when it comes to hint dropping and your newly found curiosity about rings will most certainly ruin the element if surprise. She will catch on!
3. Listen. The first thing you need to do is to listen! More often than not she will let you know what she wants without you having to ask! For instance, next time you are out somewhere be aware of her reactions to other people’s rings. Girls often say what they feel! She will likely comment on rings that she likes as well as those that she doesn’t like. Listen for comments like “Look at her ring. It is beautiful” or “Do you see the ring on her finger? It is so pretty, but I think it would look better if it was a Princess cut diamond”. Take in all of these hints. They can be very helpful in your endeavors to decipher the ring mystery.
4. Know her style! Is she a simple T-shirt and jeans kind of girl or is she the typical girly girl? Some girls like simple, classic things. A ring with a solitaire diamond may be the ring for her. Other girls like detail. In this case, a ring with baguettes or band detail may be the best choice! She may even like a diamond set in an antique setting. Think about who she is! Don’t forget about color. Does she like gold or silver colored jewelry? Do not buy a gold ring for her if she wears only silver colored jewelry. It won’t match what she already has!
5. Open your eyes. Check out the jewelry that she wears now or the pieces she has bought for herself lately. This will give you a good idea as to the style of ring that she leans towards. You will also learn her ring size this way!
6. Enlist Help! Ask someone you TRUST!!! You must be confident that they will not spoil the surprise by spilling the beans! Ask her mother or a good friend perhaps. Tell them that you need their help finding out what type of ring you should buy. Also, tell them to do so without letting her know what is about to happen! They may already know what she wants. It is possible that she has talked about rings with her mom and/or friend before. Who ever said girl talk would never benefit the men in our lives???
It is important that you take your time. Make sure you are absolutely confident that you have figured it out before you buy the ring. What could be better than popping the question with a ring that you know she will love?